These are arguably the best dessert treat and they come in so many variations, but have you ever had bacon and pecan butter tarts?! If you have you know how good these are, and if you haven’t, stop what you’re doing and get ready to bake!
These are a showstopper, especially because we used our Halenda’s Meats Double Smoked Bacon. After one bite of these, you’ll be screaming WHAT THE HALENDA!!
These pair great with our Ground Beef Meat Pie because you can use the leftover dough and the leftover bacon to make these tarts! It’s two recipes for one, does it get better than that?!
HOW TO MAKE BACON AND PECAN BUTTER TARTS
By taking just a few ingredients, you can make these dessert favourites any time of the year! All you need is our Halenda’s Meats Double Smoked Bacon, Pie dough, corn syrup, vanilla extract, brown sugar, butter, eggs and pecans!
Make sure you roll out your dough nice and thin, but not too thin so that the dough can break. Once your dough is ready, it’s time to cut out your circles. We didn’t have the proper cookie cutter, so we used cocktail glasses! Whatever circular item in your home you have will do the trick! We made mini bacon and pecan butter tarts, but you can make them into any size you want!
Pro-Tip: Do not overflow the tarts with filling, you want to fill them a little below the brim so they don’t overflow.
When baking your bacon and pecan butter tarts it’s all about patience. You are going to bake these in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes or until the pastry crust turns a golden brown.
Let it cool, and dive in!
DID YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE?
Bacon and Pecan Butter Tarts
- 2 Muffin Trays Mini or Regular
- 1 Ball Premade or Homemade Pastry Dough
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Pecans
- 185 Grams Halenda's Meats Double Smoked Bacon/ Half Package
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Roll out your dough nice and thin, but not too thin so that the mixture can fall through.
- Use a cookie cutter, cocktail glass, or whatever circular item you have in the house that will give you circular dough pieces.
- Melt your butter over medium heat and pour into a bowl. Add your egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar, corn syrup, pecans and bacon! Mix until fully combined!
- Fill your pastry cups and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 350F or until the pastry crust turns a beautiful brown colour.
- Cool and Enjoy!