Why do we only eat ham on Holidays? We want to change that narrative and make ham on your weekly menu from the comfort of your own home. Ham can be cooked with literally anything you want and can be glazed with the most delicious flavours. Now with our Halenda’s Meats Mini-Ham, it can be cooked quickly, and in our opinion, the best part of ham is that you can have the leftovers for lunch and even breakfast!
In this recipe, we made a bourbon-glazed mini-ham with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. You get your greens, carbs and delicious ham all in one and you get to enjoy the ham because you are not super full from all the other holiday foods! We made the ham the star of dinner and it did not disappoint.
Our Halenda’s Meats mini-ham is a tender and lean pork knuckle and we smoke it to perfection. This ham is only partially cooked. It being partially cooked makes it the perfect protein for any dinner, not just your special occasion.
Start by pre-heating your oven to 325 degrees. The key here is to pre-glaze your ham, and in this recipe, we used bourbon because why not! And of course, it is the perfect flavour to bring out the smokiness of the ham. Once glazed, put your ham in a roasting pan and make sure you add a 1/2 cup of water at the bottom of the pan to make sure the ham won’t dry out.
Once all glazed and covered in foil, pop the ham in the oven and cook until the recommended time. Once the time is up, remove the foil and put it on broil. Allow the ham to broil until you get the perfect crispy crust on the ham. That is the secret step to cook ham to perfection.
WHAT SIDES GO BEST WITH HAM?
Ham is such a versatile meat, it literally can go well with anything, and we mean anything! Tonight we were craving mashed potatoes and some vegetables. We went with honey-glazed brussel sprouts which paired perfectly with our bourbon ham.
Some other sides that go well with ham are air-fryer sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli, Yorkshire pudding or smoked bacon and double cheese macaroni!
Do not forget to use the leftovers! I repeat, do not forget to use the leftovers. Ham omelette, eggs benedict with HAM! Ham and gravy poutine, ham sandwich, the list goes on and on!
Did you make this recipe?
Everyday Mini-Ham with Bourbon Glaze
- 3 lb Halenda's Meats Mini Ham
- 1/3 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Bourbon
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 325 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together bourbon, brown sugar and dijon mustard to make your glaze.
- Put your ham in a roasting pan and start brushing your glaze all over your ham.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover your ham with aluminum foil and put it in the oven. Your should cook your ham for 15-20 minutes per pound.
- Once your ham has reached it's cooking time, remove foil and cook on broil for 5 minutes or until your ham has a beautiful golden crust.
- Slice to your preferred thickness and enjoy your everyday dinner ham!