These Maple Bacon Jam Chicken wings are one of our new favourite recipes! This is seriously a chicken wing game-changer. You can just imagine how good our Halenda’s Meats Double Smoked Bacon tasted paired with chicken wings! Are you drooling yet?! This recipe was made by the very talented Paula, from Queen Of The Grill. Her recipes are always so unique, delicious and super fun!
So what do you need to get started?
Head on over to your local Halenda’s Meats and pick up a pack of our chicken wings and Double Smoked Bacon chub! Did you know our Double Smoked Bacon, Halenda’s Charcuterie, and Halenda’s 1970 products are available at select Metro, Sobeys, Foodland, Food Basics and Fortinos locations and, of course, you can find all products at our Halenda’ Meats location and select independent stores!
Next, you need your favourite BBQ rub. We say get your favourite because we want this recipe to be tailored for you. This way you can elevate the recipe based on what you are feeling that day. Don’t forget your onion, garlic, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. All these flavours are going to come together and make the most epic chicken wing sauce.
PREPARING THE BACON SAUCE
The first key component is making sure you dice the double-smoked bacon into small thin cubes. This will make sure they blend in well with the sauce. Cook them on medium heat until crispy, and make sure the fat has been rendered down. The crispier they are, the better, but don’t burn the bacon of course!
You want to also dice up your onions into small cubes and saute until translucent. Once translucent, add in your bacon, garlic, brown sugar, and Carrick Bros. Bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup. You can substitute for regular maple syrup, but this brings all the flavours together.
This next step is crucial to execute the sauce. Bring wing sauce to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 30 minutes or until it thickens to your liking. You want the sauce to end up super sticky, like the maple syrup.
While you are waiting for your sauce to finish, start cooking the chicken wings. Whether you cook them on the grill, oven or air fryer, they will turn out great! Make sure you season the chicken wings with your favourite dry rub prior to cooking.
Now is the moment we have all been waiting for. Place wings in a bowl and add about 2 tbsp of warm bacon jam. Make sure it is warm or else it will not apply to the wings as nicely.
Toss and mix until fully coated. If you like your wings super saucy, feel free to add more maple bacon jam!
Did you make this Mini Bacon and Cream Cheese Cups recipe?
MAPLE BACON JAM CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 lb Halenda’s Double Smoked Bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1 lbs Chicken wings
- Your favourite BBQ rub
- 1 Small Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup
- Dice Halenda's Meats Double Smoked Bacon and cook until crispy on medium heat. Remove and reserve 1 tbsp bacon fat.
- Sauté onion and garlic until the onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add bacon back in, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 30 minutes or until it thickens to your liking. The sauce should be a sticky syrup.
- Preheat the grill to 350 F, oven to 400 degrees F or even your air fryer to 400 degrees F!
- Season wings and cook until a minimum internal temperature of 165 F.
- Place wings in a bowl and add about 2 tbsp warm bacon jam. Mix to combine using a silicone spatula or spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!