Hey Foodies! If your taste buds are ready for a flavour rollercoaster, then you’re in for a treat! We’re diving into the world of Pineapple Kobassa Skewers – a combo that’s like a party in your mouth. Imagine the sweetness of pineapple giving a high-five to the smoky Halenda’s Meats Award Winning Kobassa – yep, it’s that good. Buckle up as we explore what makes these skewers a hit, how to whip them up, and some fun twists you gotta try.
Big shoutout to Martabistro for creating and cooking this delicious recipe! Her recipes are always so fun and out of the box, and of course, super delicious.
The Fusion Fiesta
Picture this: a Hawaiian luau meets a European sausage fest. Pineapple Kobassa Skewers are like the global party of your palate. Sweet pineapple vibes meet the hearty punch of Halenda’s Meats Kobassa, and it’s a match made in foodie heaven.
What You Need in Your Food Arsenal
You don’t need a chef’s hat to rock this dish. Grab these goodies:
- Pineapple: Go for a ripe one and chop it into juicy chunks. Nature’s candy is gonna rock your world.
- Halenda’s Kobassa: Get your hands on Halenda’s award-winning kobassa!
- Bell Peppers: Mix up those colours for some Insta-worthy skewers. Crunch, anyone?
- Red Onion: Slice it up thin for that tangy kick.
- Skewers: Wooden or metal, these sticks are your skewer sidekicks.
- Marinade: Add some Canadian vibes and make maple syrup, brown sugar and Dijon mustard marinade.
Get Crazy with Customization
- Tropical Teriyaki Twist: Swap marinades for a teriyaki glaze. Aloha, flavour party!
- Spice It Up: Dust off those pepper flakes or grab that hot sauce – it’s time to set your taste buds on fire.
Pineapple Kobassa Skewers are like a food love story from around the world. They’re proof that flavours have no borders. Whether you’re cooking up a storm for pals, snacking solo, or turning dinner into a flavour fiesta, these skewers bring the “yum” to your plate. Ready to rock the kitchen and whip up your take on these skewers? It’s time to let your taste buds dance!
You can find our Halenda’s Award-Winning Kobassa at one of our Halenda locations, or at your local Metro, Sobeys, Foodland, Food Basics and Fortinos!
Did You Love This Recipe?
Sign-up for our e-flyer to stay up to date on new recipes, sales and company updates!
Pineapple Kobassa Skewers
- 275 g Halenda’s Award-Winning Kobassa (cut into slices)
- 1 Pineapple (cored and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 Green pepper (cut into squares)
- 1/2 Red onion (cut into squares)
Maple Glaze ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for 15 mins while you prep the ingredients.
- Slice the Kobassa into rounds, and cut the other ingredients about the same size.
- Slide the vegetables and Kobassa onto the skewers then onto a medium high hot grill and cook for about 4-5 mins.
- While the skewers cook make the glaze.
- In a pot or cast iron pan, add maple syrup, brown sugar and Dijon mustard into a saucepan. Stir well.
- Over medium heat let simmer for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and thickened.
- Brush glaze on both sides of Kobassa skewers a couple times to build up that sweet coating over the fire for another 2 mins.
- Enjoy as is or serve over coconut jasmine rice.